Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I'm starting a maid cleaning service in Atlanta georgia.

Customer Question
I'm starting a maid cleaning...
They will be hired as sub-contractors.
I wanted to know if i'm allowed to tell them to wear our company shirt and if im allowed to train them.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
9/24/2016
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

No, you cannot. Otherwise, you would be acting as their employer and they would be considered your employees. You would then be required to pay for worker's compensation and unemployment insurance premiums, Social Security tax, and other required payroll taxes on their behalf.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law