Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Best course of action for a student who has been publically

Customer Question
called a "piece of shit"...
Best course of action for a student who has been publically called a "piece of shit" by an assistant principal in the presence of other students and administrative staff and has told other students to not associate with or be friends with the student, citing the student as a "bad person" and " worthless". There are student witnesses willing to give sworn written statements to the fact.
This was reported to school administrators and they promised an investigation but will not release any results citing personnel records and privacy.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
9/23/2016
Employment Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

How long ago did the incident occur?

Why is there animus from the asst principal?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. I am the parent of the student

Thank you for the additional information. Why is the asst principal so hostile to your child?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Calling the student a "piece of shit" occurred mid-June and the other incident today. Asst prin conducted a search of the student earlier last year and the search was questioned for legality, found to not comply with the school policy and the asst prin got into trouble with the school. He has had it out for this kid since then
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I called to talk with the prin about not following the school's written policy with respect to the search last year he replied verbally that he did not have to follow policy and could do whatever he wanted. I pushed it and he was basically called on the carpet by the administration.

Thank you again for the additional information.

If the vice principal is acting in violation with the district policy and the Superintendent is not taking action to protect the student then you may have a claim for violation of your child's civil rights. The school has a legal duty with regard to its conduct towards your child and you can sue if they breach that duty. Your child should not have to endure bullying from another student, let alone a school administrator.

Your suit would be against the district, the vice principal and the superintendent.

While it is not required that you retain an attorney, it is strongly recommended. If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Loren, Lawyer