Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I had an employement hearing. The employer did not answer

Customer Question
and was given the alloted...
i had an employement hearing. The employer did not answer and was given the alloted time to call back for the hearing. It was over an hour later that the employer called in regards ***** ***** hearing. Is it acceptable that they are able to reschedule for a new hearing?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
9/22/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

You should write the hearing officer here and object to the reschedule and ask for a default in your favor.

You also may consider a different direction.Take a one day temporary job with neighbor, friend, relative and refile for benefits.You can file, rake, mow, clean house, etc.You reapply here listing them as new employer and they get the employer response form from refiling.Make sure you are together on the date, times, and what you did/rate of pay for the day.

You can do both here write the hearings officer and also refile with the temporary job.If you get benefits the second time around let the appeal go.They would not contact old prior employer if you refile but rather the one day temporary employer.You should still have enough wages on file to draw UI benefits.

These are your two options here, you may elect to do both and see if you cannot get UI benefits here.

I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this.I wish you the best here.

Please let me know if you have more follow up.

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is much appreciated.Thanks again.

Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, it seems you requested a new expert. Did you have any other questions that were not answered and I would be happy to assist you?
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney