Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My employer changed my hours, that I cannot work, can they

Customer Question
do that. Without proper notice? JA...
My employer changed my hours, that I cannot work, can they do that. Without proper notice?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nj
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: No Union, full time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
9/22/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Yes, unfortunately, they can change your hours if you do not have an employment contract.

I did some additional research. One exception to their right to do that is if they are doing it to avoid overtime payments.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated. I know it is not the answer you were hoping for but it is critical that we give you the most accurate information.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer