How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1501
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a woman of color, I am 51 years old.I have been forced

Customer Question

I am a woman of color, I am 51 years old.I have been forced to resign due working condition and racial discrimination. I have worked the company for 12 years. I have been physically attacked by a co worker and more. I have documentation. Please advise
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. I am terribly sorry that this has happened.

When a person is subject to racial discrimination, they should file a complaint with the EEOC. The law forbids discrimination when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.

If you believe that you have been discriminated against at work because of your race, you can file a Charge of Discrimination. All of the laws enforced by EEOC, except for the Equal Pay Act, require you to file a Charge of Discrimination with the EEOC before you can job discrimination lawsuit against your employer. There are time limits for filing a charge. You have to file a charge within 180 days.

If you file a charge, you may be asked to try to settle the dispute through mediation. Mediation is an informal and confidential way to resolve disputes with the help of a neutral mediator. If the case is not sent to mediation, or if mediation doesn't resolve the problem, the charge will be given to an investigator.

If an investigation finds no violation of the law, you will be given a Notice of Right to Sue. This notice gives you permission to file suit in a court of law. If a violation is found, EEOC will attempt to reach a voluntary settlement with the employer. If EEOC cannot reach a settlement, your case will be referred to EEOC legal staff (or the Department of Justice in certain cases), who will decide whether or not the agency should file a lawsuit. If the EEOC decide not to file a lawsuit, EEOC will give you a Notice of Right to Sue.

Here is a website of the EEOC that can help you file your charge:

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 10 months ago.

You are welcome, please provide positive feedback if you are satisfied with the answer!