How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a home caregiver for the Veteran's Medical Home

Customer Question

I am a home caregiver for the Veteran's Medical Foster Home Program, and am having problems with harassment by the program director in Togas. I need a harassment attorney.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maine
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: The closest would be "at will" but I have a long-term commitment to the care of the veteran in my home.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have had problems with the professionalism of the director of the program and serious misinformation given to me, which impacted me financially for $5346. No compensation has been received for this major error of the part of the staff that caused the problem.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. What can I answer for you specifically in regards ***** ***** please?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like an attorney to represent me for filing harassment against the Medical Foster Home Program at the Maine VA.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

1) JustAnswer experts cannot represent customers as clients;

2) Nor can we refer you to specific attorneys because of ethical considerations.

The best I can do is help you find a referral service in your area. I can also possibly provide some links to low cost / pro bono counsel in your state.

Of course we can discuss your matter and I can also provide general information.

But JustAnswer does not provide attorneys for hire.