I am here to prove that quitting was the only reasonable thing to do. On 6/1 ***** ***** and Charlene McIntyre knew what our office meeting entailed. I did not. Proper protocol would be for the owner to speak to the manager and be on the same page on what was going to be discussed and what the issues were. The meeting was a conspiracy and I will do my best to prove it.
1. I had been employed by eetc for over 18 years. I was the only year round employee and my title was the office manager. I ran the office and a multitude of different employees over the seasons. In 18 years no change in procedures at all. Each woman had specific duties to complete daily. Last season Charlene McIntyre was hired as one of my subordinates. She lacked the ability to complete her job duties, as she would not follow my instructions. I had discussed with her time and time again and Brian, we decided we didn’t want anyone to lose their job and season was ending, lets her finish it. Out of nowhere Brian had fired my daughter Lauren after 10 years of employment, she had her twins and was coming back from maternity leave to work. He said he didn’t like her and he laid in bed all night the night before thinking about how much he didn’t like her. I felt that Charlene was reason Lauren was fired. After Laurens dismissal we had a disagreement in the office between everyone and I was then to show Charlene how to do my job duties and accused of keeping it a secret for job security. See Ex 1
2. The season was soon over. After vacation and returned to work to start the new season with Christina, Aprili, Charlene and Cathy. The problems began to arise with Charlene within 2 days of our return See ex 2 2/26/16
3. Brian and I agreed to enforce a discussion that would take place between Charlene and I. Ex. 3 that she was not to discuss anything with Brian and vice versa, that was respectfully ***** ***** be discussed with me the supervisor/ mamager and then in turn I would decide what to do with the situation. Either I rectify it or bring it to Brian, not Charlene.
See ex 4 from 3/23/16
4. Brian was happy about that, he was opening another business and didn’t have time to babysit eetc, but that’s not how it worked out. Charlene was constantly having private conversations with Brian. I can not tell you what they were about as I was not involved but he permitted them.
5. Brian then changed my hours, after 18 years. My normal hours were 9.9:30-3:30 with no breaks, unless there was a problem I would stay later until resolved. He changed them to 9-5 during from memorial day to after july 4th, and I was to take a hour lunch break
. I said ok, although Monday, Tuesdays and Wednesdays I could only work until 4:30 as I had to watch my grandchildren while my daughter went to school. He said ok then only a half hour lunch, while the other girls in the office hours were
Cathy 9-1 cash
nobody had lunch breaks or breaks. This is where trouble began, Aprili and Christina smoked. Charlene didn’t appreciate them taking smoke breaks
and started in Brians ear again how she is doing all the work. I feel everyone is entitiled to walk away from their desk and told Charlene to do the same. Take a break.
6. On 5/31 war broke out in office, Charlene saying to Christina that she is doing Christinas work, mind you Christina had been working there for 5 years and at this point my right hand. Charlene wouldn’t even know how to do the work Christina does, with the efficiency and time allotted. Christina constantly even helped Robin who worked as manager of Brians other business across the hall. Robin was constantly calling on her to help. We got into it abit and Charlene told me she thoroughly discussed her feelings with Brian. Here we go again. I took my phone and walked out of our office to call Brian, furious. I asked him why he was permitting this to go on again? I should have quit right there because we had an agreement. And he was constantly breaking that agreement and talking to Charlene on issues, leaving me out. We set a meeting for following morning, which ended up to be afternoon.
7. On 5/31 in the evening I sent Brian a text message reaching out and trying to come to some understanding on why we don’t see eye to eye and get to the bottom of the problem. He responded and then told me he was shutting his phone off. Shutting me down, not willing to take the time to have a conversation with his manager. See ex 5
8. ON 6/1 in the afternoon Brian came in, moved his chair behind my monitor so we could not see eye to eye. He sat back and let it all roll out. I was told that I should be doing Charlenes job. Ive never done anyone but my own job. It was never necessary as everyone had no problems completing their tasks.
9. I told Charlene to respect me when she was talking to me and she responded that she will talk to me any f**king way she wants. At that time my daughter Christina walked out and down the stairs to keep from fighting with Charlene as she was being extremely abusive to me. I then fired Charlene and she told me that when Brian fires her she will leave, he cuts her check I do not.
I stood up at that point and walked towards Brian and he said nothing, as the two women were screaming at me. I do not know what they were saying because it was in stereo, my eyes were on Brian doing nothing, and remembering what he said that morning when I pulled in.. I asked him about my lunch break and he said it may not even matter after the meeting, why would my lunch break not matter? Because I wasn’t going to have a lunch break, I wasn’t going to be there. It made sense that this is what he planned to happen. I walked down to the bathroom and dumped my cup out and walked back to the screaming women and said to Brian, I can’t work like this. Standing over him. No response. We all work in one little room. I said this is ridiculous and I can’t get a word in edge wise. Still he said nothing, Charlene and Aprili were 5 feet away from us yelling. How much time was I to allot for him to say something? He is the owner, he didn’t stand up, he didn’t speak a word, he didn’t attempt to get any kind of control over the situation. I was dumbfounded, just in awe. My hands were tied at that point, I had no choice. Quitting was the only reasonable thing to do. I had exhausted all my resources. We had rules and understandings Brian time and time again refused to hold up to. I did what was asked of me and he had no complaints to me on my job performance.
11. Ex 5 If I worked a full day in June, why was my health insurance cancelled in May