How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19280
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a retired Air Force doctor, and was retired for medical

Customer Question

My name is Tarra ****** I am a retired Air Force doctor, and was retired for medical disability. I work at KIC in Ketchikan. I'm not sure if the clinic is on tribal ground as it is in the city of Ketchikan. My supervisor is not native. He took me into a dark room on Thursday and fired me, siteing my health disability which is Service-connected PTSD, which I have been treated for and I am fine. I also have graves disease which makes my thyroid overactive which, makes me flush and my heart pound faster which gives me The appearance of looking anxious and or jittery, which is actually not the case. All of this is controlled, but I can't help the jittery look, or the startle complex I have from the PTSD. Which is basically people walking behind me and scaring me making me jump, slamming doors things like that. All of my other symptoms have been treated years ago and they are stable. But he is using these items as a weapon towards me. He was nasty with me on Thursday, made fun of both of my disabilities and he threatened to ruin my career with bad recommendations for any future jobs. He did this unlawfully and the CEO and director rehired me. But this man is still my supervisor and I am sad and I'm angry and I'm scared to go back into my workplace. I'm a doctor, and I shouldn't have to go through this in order to treat patients. My patients love me the administration loves me, but the supervisor is tearing at me and belittling me, because I do medicine differently than he does. I have a habit of stating in my notes if a previous provider has done something wrong, and he has criticized me openly for shedding light on these medical mistakes, because it gives him liability . He already has two malpractice suits against him and I think he's afraid, since he's a terrible doctor, that I'm going to uncover something terrible that he is done, because I've already found so many problems with my patients that have been neglected for so long until I came along and treated them. I think he is using my mental health disorder to harass me so that he can justify firing me, to cover his own mistakes.The administration is an internal disaster. And I am genuinely scared to go back to work right now because he has been so mean and hurtful, and has threatened my career with slander in the form of a recommendation for future employment. I left the building on Thursday night, crying and the next day they tell me I'm rehired, and that I have to show up Monday to be… I don't know. I don't know what to do.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ketchikan AK
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: I am a locum tenens Dr. working there temporarily under contract. It's Indians health service (IHS), so it's federal
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know there is something i can do to stop the harrassment. Now they're forcing me to come back and work under this person that has already hurt me
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

You would need to file complaint with your agency's Equal Employment Opportunity Counselor ("EEO") for this harassment because of your disabilities since your work is with a federal government agency and the EEO would investigate your claim. If you do not know who the EEO is, you need to ask the CEO and Director. Click here for more information on the complaint process.

Goodluck with your case,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but this is Indian health services and they hold their cards close to their chest and I don't think they have somebody there that would take whatever I had to say seriously
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Then, you would need to file complaint directly with EEOC and let EEOC handle it from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but I am on a small island. Can I file one over the web? How can I talk to somebody in person?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

You need to use the link that I provided. It has all the information that you need to file a claim.

Related Employment Law Questions