Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have had several restrictions at my job. Both of them did

Customer Question
not take care of the...
I have had several restrictions at my job. Both of them did not take care of the situation. One was permenent. My doctor made a new one that took worked and removed me but was for only 3 months. Now the clinic and HR are asking so many questions calling doctor and asking what my disabilities are. Please help on what to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
9/17/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you require reasonable accommodations for your permanent disability, then your doctor must provide the employer a medical report to the employer detailing your disability AND also recommending specific accommodations that would allow you to perform your job function. So, you need to sit with your doctor and craft a set of accommodations that would allow you to perform your work and have them write a report detailing your permanent disability and explaining why the suggested accommodations will work. If the employer still refuses, then you would file a complaint to the EEOC and they have to issue you a right to sue letter so that you could sue under the ADA.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney