Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I serve on a non-profit board. I don't deal directly with

Customer Question
employees, but recently employees have...
I serve on a non-profit board. I don't deal directly with employees, but recently employees have been contacting board members asking for help because they don't trust the ED or administrative staff to help them with grievance issues. Help how can I handle this issue?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/16/2016
Employment Lawyer: Attorney2020, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer

The Board should speak with the administrative staff and employees separately to determine the issue and figure out a way to resolve the employees grievances. Alternatively, the Board can delegate this duty to the CEO or President to resolve the issues. Those are the two options with the goal of resolving employee grievance issues before they become major issues affecting the entire organization.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer