Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Could someone use a memorandum of understanding to change a

Customer Question
already signed contract?...
Could someone use a memorandum of understanding to change a already signed contract?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
9/16/2016
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay.

No. The contract must be specifically amended using the process for amending the contract as stated in the actual contract.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay let me give you a little run down. My union president came in under a already ratified contract and used a MOU to changed the way the previous president dealt with seniority. He signed it with management who is assigned to give out seniority pictures yearly. This year it changed because of the signing of the MOU.

Thank you for the information.

MOU cannot be used to modify the contract. The contract must be amended with heading such as this: Amendment of Contract/Agreement Dated----

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law