Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My husband has worked for a company in Oregon for over 11

Customer Question
years and now that want...
My husband has worked for a company in Oregon for over 11 years and now that want him to sign a form to "investigate" his background do credit check and in detail notify or call apron friends family businesses he is associated with to be filed with the company. He has a class A CDL which requires background checks every 5 years. He feels that this is going to far, but also concerned he could be fired if he doesn't. Ant ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
9/15/2016
Employment Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I can understand your concern but they do have the right to do it. They cannot ask for personal medical information in violation of his HIPAA rights. The timing is odd, but it may not be an issue worth fighting if he has no concerns about passing the check.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer