How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am seeking representation on an unemployment insurance

Customer Question

I am seeking representation on an unemployment insurance claim for my wife. She recently had a hearing and it was adjourned to a new date to be announced. She was denied for not good cause, we think we did not filled the application properly on the first place.
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: Yes. HR did not appear at the hearing. I am the CFO of the company that my wife was employed and they said the company will not contest
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your family's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Please understand that we are not a law firm and we do not provide representation or legal services. We can provide answers to legal questions however. I'm sorry, but JustAnswer prohibits us from representing customers of JustAnswer. Additionally, you will always want a local attorney to assist you in any case you might become involved in, because a local attorney will know the other local attorneys likely to become involved as well as know the judges in your county. So for many reasons, you really want to retain a local attorney if you retain one.

Given the above is there something I can assist you with?


Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.


Is there anything else I can assist you with today?