Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I was demoted from Principal to Assistant Principal with no

Customer Question
explanation, but after a meeting...
I was demoted from Principal to Assistant Principal with no explanation, but after a meeting where I feel I was attacked by my superiors. Previous evaluations were fine and I was told "we want new leadership" but never anything else. I have worked in the demoted position going on 5 years now and haven't made a complaint. I receive no raises when everyone does. I now want to know what I can do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
9/14/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Your best protection would be to file with EEOC and claim age, sex, or race discrimination.Often when there are vague actions and no supporting information the real basis is discrimination here.If you are over 40 you can claim this was age based, they may be trying to replace you with a younger person.There also appears to be pay discrimination as well.

You would file with EEOC and consider a lawyer to file civil suit once EEOC finds good cause and right to sue here.

File here

https://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm

If you believe that you have been discriminated against at work because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, youcan file a Charge of Discrimination. All of the laws enforced by EEOC, except for the Equal Pay Act, require you to file a Charge of Discrimination with us before you can file a job discrimination lawsuit against your employer. In addition, an individual, organization, or agency may file a charge on behalf of another person in order to protect theaggrieved person's identity. There are time limits for filing a charge.

The law forbids discrimination when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.

Age , race, sex are all protected categories you may be able to try and claim as grounds for the discrimination.This gives you the best claim for then a civil suit for the download demotion.

I am so sorry you have had to deal with this.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

I can get you lawyer referral if you give me your location.

If you can positive rate when we are done here it is much appreciated.Thanks again.

Ray, Employment lawyer