How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118218
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was put on admin leave with pay from the county

Customer Question

I was put on admin leave with pay from the county government. The reason I was given was citizen complaint. Do they not have to give a more specific reason?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: Met with HR and they informed me that I we on leave for a citizen complaint and that I was not to speak with anyone from my department. They also will not start the investigation until this week
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: No full time non at will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this moment
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
At this point as a government employee you have a property right in your job, but the employer has a right to assign you where they need you and if they put you on administrative reassignment or leave with pay, as long as you are being paid the employer can take their time in their investigation. You would have a right to make a statement in your defense, but you also have a right to know what the allegations against you are specifically. Your employer must also give you the opportunity for a hearing before taking any action against you.