Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

Basile. I am an insurance broker who recently was acquired

Customer Question

good morning. my name is ***** ***** I am an insurance broker who recently was acquired by another agency. This acquisition and equity is specific to revenue goals over 36 months. To date the organization has not delivered on representations made, not specifically outlined in the contract. Additionally they have begun to create a hostile work environment questioning the short and long term viability. What recourse do I have to negotiate an exit without leaving myself without revenue.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I am sorry this happened. I will do the following:

1. suggest options for pursuing a case

2. preparation tactics

3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2.

You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the labor board and the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.

You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.

martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate me 5 stars.

thanks in advance.