Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I gave my two weeks notice to my employer and they had me

Customer Question
work in the office for...
I gave my two weeks notice to my employer and they had me work in the office for a day and then said they could make me stay for the two weeks but that was pointless so i could go home, and they have no paid me for those two weeks or the week and a half of unused vacation or the car allowance... should i collect umemployment or sue them?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/1/2016
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome.

Can you explain what the policy was regarding car allowance? Also, was there a policy specifically requiring your employer to pay unused vacation upon termination of employment? I very much look forward to helping you on this matter.

Tina, Lawyer