How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56813
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Seeking some advice on how to pursue a client who has failed

Customer Question

Seeking some advice on how to pursue a client who has failed to pay their invoices to my branch. I work for a small staffing firm (my branch in located in Florida; Corporate out of North Carolina).
Several months ago, a client decided to stop paying their invoices and has since vanished. The client was a payday loan collections company. We have considered serving paperwork to the client at their home address, but are not sure if this is our best course of action. After doing a bit of general research, I am of the understanding we would have to pursue this differently because of the type of business the client ran.
The client did sign a contract with us stating they would pay all bills, and that we would pursue legal action should invoices for our services not be paid.
Do you have any recommendations on the best way to pursue this matter?
Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

How old are the invoices?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Normally I would suggest a sending a final invoice notice, then farming out to a collections law firm to handle on contingency fee basis. You may also phone the client and advise this will happen, and work out a payment plan which avoids the process, in writing.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.