How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12211
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My hr director is friends with my assistant manager that

Customer Question

My hr director is friends with my assistant manager that belittles me and is constantly causing drama in my office. They are friends and talk on phone often. I do not feel like I get any support from my hr. What rights do I have as the manager. I love my job and would like to stay where I am. I help start the company 11 years ago. I'm very busy and do not have time to babysit. When addressed with hr in past she turned it on me and went to my boss and gave me an aweful review. That has caused me a lot of grief however I have to confront this and not sure who I should turn to for help. When I was on maternity leave I carried my baby full term and he died shortly after being delivered. I went back to work after 3 weeks because they kept calling wanting to know when I would be back. I was there 1.5 days she called me to her office and ask me not to talk or show pictures of my baby which I had not done. I left work and she wrote me a bad review. It just continues to deteriorate and I'm not sure what to do. I have prayed and try to do everything possible to make things better but not sure what to do from this point.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to help if I can. Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct any necessary research, and type a response. Thank you.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello again.

Do you believe that this bad treatment has anything to do with your gender, or the fact that you were pregnant and went on maternity leave?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Both are women. I think it may be more of jealousy. The hr's husband grabbed me on my behind at our work function this past Friday night. It has been stressful to say the least. My asst emails her or calls her about everything I do or say
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hi again.

You wrote: "Both are women. I think it may be more of jealousy."

That qualifies as a gender related issue to me. In other words, those two women would not be jealous of a man. They’re jealous of you precisely because you are a woman. That is illegal discrimination to treat you poorly under those circumstances.

You may wish to file a charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The EEOC is responsible for investigating illegal discrimination in the workplace. Once the EEOC investigates, it could agree that illegal discrimination took place, and attempt to work out a settlement with the employer. If the EEOC cannot work out a settlement, or if the EEOC does not find that there was illegal discrimination, then a person can request a right to sue letter, which gives that person the right to sue his/her employer for violating the law.

You can file a charge by following the instructions found here:

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.

Related Employment Law Questions