How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a CPS retired teacher and would like to work as a

Customer Question

I am a CPS retired teacher and would like to work as a substitute teacher.( Pension code) (40 ILCS 5/17) provides that, a retiree may return to work for CPS on a part time or temporary basis for no more than 100 days. Is a substitute teacher classified as a temporary teacher since substitute teachers don't have to be certified teachers?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

It is possible to work as a substitute teacher - the limitations are based on the 100 day/500 hour rule, explained here:

Your post-retirement benefits (including the right to work and limitations on the same) are described in detail in Chapter 10 of this handbook: (begins at page 144 in the PDF).