Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am a commission only paid sales executive that left my job

Customer Question
and now my employer is...
I am a commission only paid sales executive that left my job and now my employer is not going to pay my commission pay that I have already collected from my clients. i also had to clock in and out of my job everyday, shoulded they have to pay me minimum wages if you clock in and out? also if i had a client that did not pay for advertising in 120 days they would take money out of my check to pay for the advertising and send off to collection.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
8/30/2016
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 1 year ago
John, Employment Lawyer

In what state are you located? What if anything does your commission agreement state in regard to commissions owed after termination of employment? Were these sales complete (i.e., the customer had paid) before you left employment, and if so did you leave employment before they would have been regularly paid? Were you an inside salesperson or outside salesperson (Outside sales employees sell employer's products or services to customers away from their employer's place(s) of business, either at the customer's place of business or home. Sales made from the employer's location are inside sales)? Did you ever sign anything that would allow the employer to withhold money from your wage to

Tina, Lawyer