Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Oklahoma, no, anything else? I have not yet stated the

Customer Question
Hello Pearl - JA: Because laws...
Hello Pearl -
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Oklahoma
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: anything else? I have not yet stated the situation
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
8/28/2016
Employment Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel. I am reviewing your question at this time. I will provide you information here. Thanks for your patience

Please tell me what is the situation? What information can I provided for you in that regard?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been in a supervisor role for three years (6 years with the company including 13 months as a contractor). On 8/11/16, my direct manager advised me she believed I did not display appropriate management skills by delegating duties to one of my direct reports related to rolling out a new department. She terminated the direct report on that date, approximately one month prior to roll out, citing my direct report "overstepped his boundaries", which I viewed as a wrongful termination. This direct report was responsibly reporting to me and remained under my supervisor at all times. He worked closely with me over the last six months, and is credited with playing a key role in following my guidelines and directly assisting with keeping the project on track.Since November of 2010, I've never been tardy, had zero unexcused absences, never been on any corrective action and achieved 3 or higher bi-annual employment reviews on a 1-5 scale. Based on the wrongful termination in my view, I have submitted my resignation primarily based on the above. Due to the situation, I view this as a hostile work environment and want to request HR to change my resignation to a layoff and request severance pay. Thee fact my direct manager has been taking my ideas and suggestions and using them for her own gain, while remaining out of touch with the actual work I have been delegating and personally performing. In a sense, she is accusing me of what she has actually done, when the reverse is the actual truth.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We had a change in management where they terminated the director who was an employee advocate, then laid off my previous manager for the same reason.

Thank you.

I suggest you need to negotiate that with your HR. You can call and make an appointment to discuss what appears to be a hostile work environment. And if they will sit and discuss this with you, present your demand. If they say no, then consider filing an EEOC complaint and suing them.

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law