Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

When an employee is written up do they need to no if they

Customer Question
are written up? JA: Have you...
when an employee is written up do they need to no if they are written up?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: no sir I was really just wanting to know....
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: full time sir
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it thank u
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
8/25/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ray, Employment lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Employment lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi ray

It is standard practice for the employer to share the write up with employee and to go over the expected corrective actions.To write them up and not give them the write up would not be productive for either party.So yes they should share with you what you were written up for and and any corrections the employer expects.

And good morning to you.

They would give you written notice here is they are writing you up and putting it in your employment file.They usually have you sign a receipt and give you a copy here.

It is hard to know what you did if they don't provide this to you and what they expect as a corrective action here.Thanks again and the best here.

I appreciate the chance to help you.

If you can rate 5 stars when we are done it is always appreciated,let me know if you have more.

Ray, Employment lawyer