How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56507
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Candida Rojas, retired from MBTA. My retirement benefits

Customer Question

Candida Rojas, retired from MBTA.
My retirement benefits were taken away, in order to get then back I had to reinstate as a member to the Carmen Union 589, witch I did. $30.00 monthly fee plus $390 one-time enrollment. It is over a year and still I'm not getting my benefits back. The Union does not respond to my calls and the benefit department said they send me a letter to apply for the benefits in 20014, the letter was sent the wrong address and I never received, so they assumed I rejected it. All the mail from the Retirement found and Union are coming to the right address so there is a ? who's fault it is, and ? do I have a chance for case.
I have a letter from the Union and my retirement papers
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.


Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

From what you mentioned you complied with the reinsatatement requirements and benefits, should be given.

if checks were not deposited, you may need to reissue new checks.

Practically a lawyer letter or one from you to that effect threatening legal action should prompt the union to fully reinstate.

If the money owing was not paid, which your account would reflect, remedy that by resending.

Good luck!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Kindly rate me 5 stars, and if I may clarify anything, ask me.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

thanks in advance.