How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30+ years legal experience and I keep current in Employment Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

MY Husband previous employer refuses to pay him his 2 last

Customer Question

MY Husband previous employer refuses to pay him his 2 last paychecks and reimbursements that is owed to him
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes one but they wont take a case where an employee isnt employed with a company less than a year
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: not to much to call the gov rights dept and labor and works dept which i did
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: the employer is saying that Bruce didnt give 2 weeks notice thats why he can keep his pay but Bruce didnt quit he was told to bring the truck back to the yard and clean his things out
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your husband's and your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The employer is not allowed to legally withhold your husband's wages for the work that he did----regardless of whether he gave notice of quitting or not, or whether he was let go for cause or not.

You husband has a meritorious wage claim. He can make the claim to the State of Ohio, and they can assist in getting him paid, or he can sue the employer in small claims court and get his wages paid in that manner.

Here is a link to the form that he can fill out to file the wage claim with the state:

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,