How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the victim in a defamation situation. I need a lawyer

Customer Question

I am the victim in a defamation situation. I need a lawyer to file the lawsuit tomorrow9saturday) morning. How can that happen in Sheboygan Wisconsin???
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  California Lawyer replied 12 months ago.


I will try and help.

First of all, it is unlikely the suit can be filed on Saturday as the courthouse is closed. The earliest you could hope for is Monday.

That said, tell me what happened and I will see what I can do to help.


Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Please review this attached document!!
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
David, as I said I am in Wisconsin. Over the years of this problem I wonder how many attorneys I have talked to. Sheboygan, Milwaukee, Madison, Fond Du Lac, Grafton, Eau Claire, Stevens Point....etc. No one wants to touch a defamation case. Several have said that my case is too involved. Why did this have to happen? The knucklehead is hunting a unicorn!! Please help me find an attorney in Wisc so this can end on Monday!!!
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Just forget it
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No, do not forget it. The bad guys keep making me think I've made then I make mistakes. Please help me get this over with on Monday!!!
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I need an attorney in Sheboygan, Wisconsin early Monday morning. I need this over with so I can get on with my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you help me do that????
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 12 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is***** am another expert on the forum. I am very sorry to learn about this situation.

Unfortunately our forum is a "general information forum" only, and we cannot provide formal representation (we are also prohibited from soliciting or accepting clients on the site - so we are not permitted to accept customer's cases into our own law firms).

I noted that you have talked to several attorneys, but I want to try to assist you as best as possible within the limitations of our forum. I can provide you with resources to try to locate a civil litigation attorney in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin (or in the nearby area - any attorney licensed in Wisconsin can represent you).

You can find civil litigation attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).

I do wish you the very best of luck with this matter.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sir, I have tried AVVO and they do not reply appropriately. This tells me that they have been manipulated by the bad guys. This is what happens time after time after time. I CANNOT GET A LAWYER!!!
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 12 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Defamation suits can sometimes be difficult to get an attorney to accept (particularly if you are hoping to get an attorney to advance their fees and costs - such as accepting your case on a contingency matter). If you are willing to pay out of pocket (called an "hourly retainer agreement") you are usually going to have better luck, but many attorneys are still somewhat skeptical of these cases simply because the cost of litigation is high, and the damages amounts are very low (you don't get very much even when you win a defamation suit).

However, even if you cannot find an attorney, you can still file a lawsuit on your own. If you choose to pursue this option I would recommend visiting your County Law Library which will have information (and usually either court forms, or templates that you can copy, to help you with filing your lawsuit - and help you plan out your litigation strategy and motions).