How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 37818
Experience:  30+ years legal experience and I keep current in Employment Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a federal employee and I suffer from PTSD. I was

Customer Question

Hello. I am a federal employee and I suffer from PTSD. I was recently tasked to conduct an internal investigation. During the course of the investigation death threats were made against and additional armed security was brought in. My PTSD has become so bad because of all of this I had to submit for a medical retirement since my agency does not want to address the threats that were made against me.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not on the ADA issue
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I think that is it for now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is it you need to know?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Doug,Since I have to take a medical retirement due to the agencies in action, I am losing almost $1.6 million in earnings and pension compensation. Can I sue for compensation to alleviate some of those losses?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Thanks for your clarification.

Sue on the basis of what? You haven't suggested that your rights have been violated by the employer, or that the employer is forcing you out such that you could argue constructive discharge. This is a medical issue that is preventing you from continuing in your career and is not the fault of the employer.

The fact that the employer may not be addressing the threats against you in the manner that you would like them to be addressed does not does not convert this situation to a cause of action in your favor. I am very sorry.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,