How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an attorney practicing in the state of Illinois. I

Customer Question

I am an attorney practicing in the state of Illinois. I submitted a question about the pleading and service requirements regarding social security retirement benefits on 8/16/16. Specifically, I need to know the pleading requirements for a preliminary injunction and how to obtain service to require the administration to continue retirement benefits during the pendency of the case. I provided my email address of ******************. I have provided my credit card information but have not received a response.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 11 months ago.


This is Samuel. Do you want to file the Injunction with Notice? Or without Notice? Without Notice would require you being able to show that harm would come to your client if Notice were given.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
With notice.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We are not looking to file a TRO. We are seeking a preliminary injunction to keep the administration paying retirement benefits during the determination of whether a lawsuit filed in 2011 following termination in 2010 and the settlement for wrongful termination paid in 2015 was deferred compensation under SSA rules.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. I need to opt out and allow another professional to assist you with this. Your deposit will remain. Please do not respond here at this time because that could delay another professional helping you. Thanks for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

It appears that what you need to do here is to sue the SSA in a declaratory judgment action and then file a motion for preliminary injunction. Here is a sample motion for preliminary injunction. Here is a sample complaint for declaratory judgment. Here is the law. Here is the related FRCP.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.