Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I believe I am soon to be terminated from a county

Customer Question
government job. I...
I believe I am soon to be terminated from a county government job. I am over 40 years of age (protected class?) and have a FMLA in place. The incident was completely related to that FMLA.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: If I'm allowed to return to work, I am sure there will be retaliation and "bullying" for lack of a better term. Utah
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I live in a town too small to find a local lawyer.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: There are lawyers here but all have cases in the Justice Court where I work and wouldn t want to risk upsetting the Judges.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
8/18/2016
Employment Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) How is the termination related to the FMLA?

2) What are you asking exactly, i.e. what is your question here?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Tina, Lawyer