How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56549
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Manager has lied to the State of WI. Degrading my integrity,

Customer Question

Manager has lied to the State of WI. Degrading my integrity, deducting my pay, working overtime w/no it pay. Paperwork I received yesterday, there are a lot of descrepensies. I have piece of correspondence from the State, Exclusively Roses and myself. I'm only looking for back pay from 12- 04- 2015 to present
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.


Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

I am very sorry his happened. You have several options. On unpaid wages, you can pursue a claim by making demand for payment of unpaid amounts, additional penalties, and legal fees. Normally a lawyer sends a letter first, and then if needed, pursues complaint in state court under the fair labor standards act and state law, or alternatively through the labor board.

If you were defamed/slandered, you could consider a claim on that basis as well.

The evidence you have is key, and I suggest organizing it in chronological order - which helps tell the story of what happened.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Related Employment Law Questions