How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was recently acused of being impaired on a IATSE union

Customer Question

I was recently acused of being impaired on a IATSE union work call. I was not and requested and offered to submit to a breath test or any other. The wotk call was compleated with no injurys or damaged or dropped equipment. I asked three fellow workers on recorded telephone conversations and none said I was impaired or acted inaproapatly. I was suspended for three monthes and denied work with that major vender. I filed an appeal and am currently waiting for a hearing. Whar can I do legally to defend myself and recover lost income. I have no priors like this with anyone I have worked with.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

At this point you need to let the appeal. I would recommend having attorney there with you if there are any interviews or meetings with management. If they fire you then you would have a strong claim for wrongful termination. I thought point you would make a demand for the unpaid wages through your attorney.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

If you have any additional questions just let me know otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.