How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 117359
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband & I hired into Globe Industries in 1965. (We were

Customer Question

My husband & I hired into Globe Industries in 1965. (We were not married at the Time.) Sometime in the 1970's our pension was dropped. A new one put in it's place. The money the employees put in was matched by the company. The money that was left in the pension at the time, we were told when we retired at 62 or 65 would be there for us. It was controlled by the Federal government. It could not be touched by anyone until retirement. We laughed at the time because it would not be a large amount of a monthly payment. Maybe enough for a hamburger & a coke.
My husband is 75 & I am 80. Thus far, we have not collected a penny from this fund. When we inquire about it, no one seems to know what happened to it. By now I would think it would be a nice sum of money that we could use.
This manufacturing company was located on Stanley Avenue in Dayton, Ohio. I understand they still have offices close by on Stanley. Is there any way we can find out what happened to it.
The company (Globe Industries, Stanley Avenue, Dayton, Ohio - owner - Max ******) eventually was sold to TRW, & later sold to Labinal.
Jerilynn *******
Cell phone: ************
Home: ***********
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The first thing I need to know is have you tried to contact the new company offices you said are nearby the old offices? That is step number one here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they said they did not know anything about a pension.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

You need to start by demanding to speak to the benefits administrator. If they cannot track your pension, then you need to contact the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation,, and you need to give them the information you have and your SSN and they will have to track the pension proceeds down. You were correctly told that the money is backed by the government and when a pension cannot be located or if your company could not locate you to pay you out, the money or information is turned over to the PBGC by law and they will assist you in trying to track it if the benefit administrator from the company cannot assist.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Do not call me
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 12 months ago.
The experts do not send out phone offers unless customers request them, unfortunately, the experts are not employees of the site and as such have no control over the site sending out offers and I sincerely ***** ***** you did receive an unwanted offer.
Did you have any follow up questions for us?