How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a 70yr.old combat vet. I was fully vested in the Meat

Customer Question

I'm a 70yr.old combat vet. I was fully vested in the Meat cutter union in Chicago. I haven't worked in a union store in 20 plus years. My last job was with Save-a-Lot in Chicago. I retired from them in January of this year. I put in request for my pension with the UFCW Union Pension in February 2016.
They first said I was not entitled to receive back pension payments to when I turned 65. They also have not processed any payments to date.
I had a retail clerks pension also. I received back pension from age 65 and also I am receiving monthly pension payments.
What can be done to expedite the process and am I entitled to receive pension from age 65?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

are you meeting resistance to receipt of payment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am. I have not received any payments
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

To expedite things, I will make a few suggestions:

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You can have a lawyer send a letter, which can get them to move faster. You can threaten and then pursue complaint with the labor board, union, as well as department of insurance - all of which normally lead to expedited processing. Finally you could consider a lawsuit, but the preceding options tend to be sufficient to get compliance and payment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel this operation. I will use other ways to solve this issue..
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Is the answer acceptable?

can I clarify anything?

Related Employment Law Questions