How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118237
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I receive a small pension from a school district, since we

Customer Question

I receive a small pension from a school district, since we have not gotten a raise from SS in 2016 why would they reduce my amount of widows pay to cover my small raise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, our elected officials in DC think getting another government pension is a "windfall" and they passed the "Windfall Elimination Act" that says any other government pension received will impact your SS benefits by the amount of that pension received. To me, who is also a victim of this nonsense, it is crazy, but unfortunately, until they change the law we are stuck with that reduction.