How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 117432
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have few incidents with my Manager. Actually, it has been

Customer Question

I have few incidents with my Manager. Actually, it has been a while that i felt descrimated. I worked for.Korean company and I am the only non-Korean in Administrative Group. Mainly, when they talk they speak in their own language even on meetings and i am always left out. I felt descriminated on bonuses and salary raise. Now, i think they are finding ways to terminate me. They are going for concur solution to handle A/P which may eventually take over my department. I am the Senior Manager of AP department. Since i used to handle HR (I was HR and AP manager at one point which was too much work to handle but I was never compensated). I think this is theur way to elimate the position and that my service is no longer needed. I feel the torture. Please advise.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you can show they are discriminating against you based on your national origin then you need to file a complaint with the EEOC, as they have to investigate and grant a right to sue to you to go to court and she the employer. As far as them eliminating your department, as an at will employee they are free to do so and terminate you if your job is eliminated and your sole recourse is collecting unemployment. However, for the hostile environment and different treatment you are receiving you can file that complaint with the EEOC in the meantime before they take action and get that complaint started, if they are outsourcing though and planning on eliminating your job and sending it to an outside company that would be something they have a right to do as an at will employer. They cannot however treat you different in the workplace now and discriminate against you so that is what you would file your complaint over.