Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I have an employee who works that left a letter on my desk

Customer Question

I have an employee who works that left a letter on my desk last night - he hurt his back is all I knew my manager did not say anything that he did it at work - she said he has had problems before - he went to the doctor on 7/9 and 7/11 - so this is the first I have heard that it was work related - when I saw him (it is at my other restaurant) I asked how he was doing and never said anything that it was work related - he now wants compensated for all his hours missed for work/doctor bills and prescriptions, I would have certainly turned this into a workman's comp if I had known - Rose my manager just said he said his back hurt and it was a busy day - it is now 8-11 and the first I heard it happened at work -
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get my question??
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
If employee is injured at work needed to timely seek workers comp. can still attempt it. Where time barred employee takes loss. Practically company may want to work out a small settlement and get a release to save on exposure and legal fees if he files a claim. If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can turn this into workmans comp?? I thought there was a certain time frame -
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
since only now became aware of the claim. Clock runs from when you learn of it. Kindly rate me five stars.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should pay him for the time he had off - the doctor told him he could work just not to lift anything heavy - he kept requesting time off cause his wife was sick - his brother died - so do I have to pay him for those days??
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
If he was salaried yes. If not, and took time beyond accrued time off you do not need need to pay for it.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Have a nice weekend.