How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 4079
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work for a company that hires providers to work with

Customer Question

I work for a company that hires providers to work with people that have disabilities and children with developmental issues. The family of the child I was working with asked me to accompany them on their family vacation which was in another state from the one I live in I was there for 7 days and told to build the maximum amount of hours a day that my company allowed which added up to 77 hours for the whole week now when we got back from the family vacation the mother and I had a disagreement and I no longer work with a family. But when I submitted my hours for that week she refused 2 sign off on them now is the company I'm employer responsible for paying me the hours that I worked even though I do not have a signature
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

If the company authorized you to work the hours out of state then they are responsible for paying you. If they have an issue with her refusal to sign off on the work that is between the company and the client. It is not your responsibility.

Under the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act the employer is obligated to pay you for the hours worked. If the company does not do so you can file a complaint with the Arizona Department of Labor. See this link for more information about how to file the complaint so that you can get paid:

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,