Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am being targeting at work after reporting a supervisor

Customer Question
for saying something very negative...
I am being targeting at work after reporting a supervisor for saying something very negative to me a year ago. Since then I have been pulled into meetings talked more negatively to, had my time cards repeatedly reviewed and been tracked at work. Numerous new leave policies for the department have gone into effect. I have been told by HR that everything is legal since I am not a protected class and that in theory the policies apply to everyone. I have also been under a workers comp claim for 4 years and had just returned from disability when all this began. I work in NC
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NC
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I keep being called into mandatory meetings without being told what they are about. When in the meetings I am told I am not allowed to speak.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
8/10/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Are they doing this to you ONLY because of your age/race/sex/disability/national origin, because if not your HR department is right under the laws?
If you have evidence this is based on your disability or your use of workers compensation, then you can have a claim of discrimination or retaliation that you would file with the EEOC and they have to investigate and give you a right to sue letter in order for you to take your employer to court.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney