Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I am an independent contractor at a medical practice and my

Customer Question

I am an independent contractor at a medical practice and my contract states that I will be paid 65% of earnings. This last pay check my check had on 40% of what I earned and rest was withheld from me. What are my rights according to Virginia law?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are my rights according to Virginia Law?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Rights as to what, specifically?

Also, do you have a copy of the written contract?