Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
60109343

I was off from my job 3 weeks later I was ask to come to

Customer Question

I was laid off from my job 3 weeks later I was ask to come to perform the same job I was laid off they said they no longer needed me for
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome. Are you saying that you were laid off, brought back, and then laid off again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Im still laid off Have'nt receive my unemployment got a let from the company to file for unemployment now they fighting for that

Thank you, ***** ***** think I am confused. Are you saying that you were laid off and then asked to come back to perform some specific job tasks, but remained laid off? If that is not what happened, can you explain what you mean when you said "I was ask to come to perform the same job I was laid off they said they no longer needed me for"

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I work for them as a mechanic I was told They no longer need my service July 13 2016 then I was ask to come back & fix one of there trucks this past wednesday I have proof of the parts receipt of the job &still haven't receive the money the job

Thank you.

You are absolutely entitled to be paid for the work and you can file a wage claim to get the money you are owed. That said, there is nothing inherently illegal about laying you off and then asking you to come back to perform a job. Employment is "at will" absent an agreement to the contrary and as such can be terminated at any time, without or without a good reason (such as lack of work).

I hope this addresses your concerns. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there nothing can be done about this wouldn`t that be conflict of interest being as thou I dont work for them & they are fighting for my unemployment

No, there is nothing illegal or inconsistent about what you have described. I wish I could tell you otherwise.