Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I wanted to know if I can have lawyer investigate my work

Customer Question
Hello I wanted to know...
Hello I wanted to know if I can have lawyer investigate my work place harassment. I work in a public place so it's not that hard to do.They just have to come in the store and they see and hear it. It seem that everyone I my work phone place knows it's going on and said nothing matter of fact they lead me to believe I'm not hear what I'm hearing. Please help me I have no idea what to do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
8/6/2016
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Is the harassment based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?
You mean you are looking for an attorney from this site to investigate?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No there only talking about my looks on how ugly I am calling me names behind my back.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now I thought about leaving this job but I did nothing wrong to any of these people and I want it to stop

Thank you for your reply.

Under the law, workplace harassment is only legally actionable if it is based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin, which is why I asked you that initial question. If the conduct is not for one of those reasons, I am afraid that legally you do not have any cause of action to pursue in court and no recourse other than reporting it to your HR division or your agency director.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please help me or point me in the right direction

Please read what I said above, if you do not have evidence this is based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin, your only help you can receive is from your HR department or your Director.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The problem is they already know now what do I do I'm about to go postal in here and all I've been asking is for someone to help me and it seems no can.i want these people to leave me alone and they won't stop.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks anyway I guess there nothing anyone can do

Thank you for your reply.

Ordinary bullying is not something you can sue over. You need to report it to your agency director, that is all you can do. I am sorry, we do not make those laws, that is what the courts say. I believe you should not only report it to your agency director but also speak to your employer's employee assistance program or HR about the matter to try to get them to stop.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney