Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I was a police lieutenant in Somerville Massachusetts, I was

Customer Question

I was a police lieutenant in Somerville Massachusetts, I was injured many times on the job and was given a 72 percent disability pension.
I wantes to go back to wok and e eventually went back to work and was reinjured I recieved a 50 percent retirement even though the medical panel stated that I was 100 percent disabled.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get the 72 % pension back
I was hit by a bus on duty requiring four back surgeries I also injured my neck.
I was reinsured booking a combative suicidal prisoner.
This time my neck was reiinjured ,lost fesling in right arm. They did not believe the injury. Involuntarily retired me at 50%,
I feel I should be able to refile the injury that I was originally retired on at 72 percent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant re injured instead a typo said reinsured
You would need to file an appeal to the pension board based on your 100% disability rating and it is going to depend on the strength of your doctor's testimony. You should be able to appeal to obtain the level of pension you were at based on your 100% disability rating. Of course at this point appealing to the pension board will mean you need a local attorney to file the appeal, but yes, based on the 100% disability you should be able to regain the pension back at 72%