How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 116710
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a previous federal civilian employee. I have ano unpaid

Customer Question

Hello, I am a previous federal civilian employee. I have ano unpaid claim against DFAS, can I sue DFAS in federal district court or in the Federal Court of Claims?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You can sue DFAS in both the US District Court and the US Court of Federal Claims, as they both have concurrent jurisdiction if the claim is for less than $10,000, by the provisions of 28 U.S.C. § 1346. If the claim is more then you would bring the case in the court of federal claims.

Related Employment Law Questions