How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I started receiving my SS pension at 62. A year and a half

Customer Question

I started receiving my SS pension at 62. A year and a half later I returned to work and informed SS administration. They stopped sending me payments but now, about two years later they send me a bill for over 10,000 dollars for overpayment in previous years.But I did not receive anything for two years. Where did this money go + my social security taxes I paid from my salary?In 6 months I will reach full retirement age and plan to stop workin. What will happen to my pension? Will it be the same as when I was 62 or will increase?Thank you *****
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

It appears to me that there is an error on the part of the SSA somewhere. Did they give you instructions on how to file an appeal or reconsideration of the notice? Did you do that and if so, when?

Related Employment Law Questions