Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am trying to get FMLA have seen 2 doctors confirming a

Customer Question
medical problem with my left...
I am trying to get FMLA have seen 2 doctors confirming a medical problem with my left foot. I stand on my feet 10 hours a day, a hard concrete floor. The last doctor refused to do FMLA paperwork saying people take advantage of it. Yet she acknowledged I have a problem. Have been with my employer almost 10 years and have never used FMLA. My employer has a no fault policy and they do not take doctors notes. I am trying to protect my job because I have missed 3 days in a row. Cannot get doctors who even want to fill out paperwork, even though I qualify. I feel like my rights are being violated. I am a 50 year old woman and have never missed work for any length of time or even have anything on my medical records to indicate that I am abusive with my medical insurance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
8/2/2016
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Good morning. Reviewed your question.

Legally, I see no basis for employer denying you fmla leave. You are acting reasonably and qualify. If company refuses, you may remind them they must honor this accommodation under fmla and if they do not could be reported to the labor board. Furthermore, if you have disability, and seek accommodation on return to work, company must reasonably accommodate you! No need to worry.

Kindly rate me positively.

Kindly rate me positively, and if I may clarify anything reply back and let me know!

Infolawyer, Lawyer