Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I feel like I have been getting harassed at work and feel

Customer Question
that I am about to...
I feel like I have been getting harassed at work and feel that I am about to get demoted or fired. I have a person who is over me and they do not like me I bumped them to second shift a couples years ago and they started talking bad about me to all that would hear now they got a job over me about 6 mos ago and since they have been talking to me saying things like I'm a retard and I do not deserve help cuase I to stupid and as far as saying if I can't do my job better they will have to choke me the f out. And when I went to my supervisor he acted like I was no big deal then when I went to hr we all sat down and they said sorry then I got a 30 min talking to about I'm jealous they got the job and not me and asked me if I need to quit or down great myself so I don't push there buttons any more. Now every day it is like she is trying to get rid of me any way they can. So what do I.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
8/2/2016
Employment Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.
I will be happy to answer your question.
Please note that any information is provided for educational purposes only!

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I have a legal leg to stand on if I get fired

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot comment on your specific case, but can only provide you with some general information in response to your question.

Do you have an employment contract that provides / guarantees employment for any period of time?

Did you document all of the issues and have documented evidence?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No contract and when I went to hr I had them give me a copy of my statement and I "should"be in my file

Thank you for your follow up.

What actual evidence do you have of the insults and harassment? i.e. witnesses, recording, documents, etc...?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have people at work that heard her say it but getting them to come forward is hard they do want to lose there job. And she admitted to saying it to hr

Thank you for your follow up.

While I cannot comment on your specific situation, generally it is important to document any type of workplace harassment and hostile work environment, but obtaining witnesses, recording any abuse with a cellphone, etc...and once evidence of the harassment and/or hostile work environment are gathered by the employee, a formal charge can be filed with Equal Employment Opportunity Commission at the link below:

https://www.eeoc.gov/federal/fed_employees/filing_complaint.cfm

Once the charge is filed with EEOC, the federal government agency will have 180 days to conduct an investigation and at the end of 180 days will make determination whether any federal laws had been violated by the employer and if they were, then the employee will have the right to sue and can consult with a local employment law attorney to evaluate his/her case for potential legal recourse.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law