Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I a school bus driver. I'm not going back to my job this

Customer Question
I a school bus...
I a school bus driver. I'm not going back to my job this school season . I'm currently looking for another school to work for. It has been so tramatic for me this summer thinking of returning to my job. My boss is currently being sued by previous employees. I balked at jumping in on it. There are so many reasons why . I worked a route for two years. I was told often that that was what I picked and that was what I was required to do. I never refused . The third year I did another type of route
This required a bus moniter. I felt lucky . This bus monitor was a favorite of their s . So I felt safe . And I felt like they were not going to do anything to me because I knew they would treat my work mate with respect. That means I would be also most of the time. We'll the route I had done for two years was being done by a guy. I noticed the first week that he was not required to do all the stiff I had to do. I asked dispatcher about . His reply was a total to me . I did not pursue it . Because it was the first time I four to five years I felt relief. At not being a target. About seven months later I changed routes. The day I changed routes they tried to do the same thing to me that was done the previous two years . I was mad . I went administration . I talked someone about it. There are so many more details I wish I could say. The meeting went ok. He was surprised about my complaint. That was because my boss did not bring my name up in any of their weekly meetings . I guess that was his only indication who was causing trouble or not.. when I went back to work in the afternoon. The whole chalk board was wiped clean. A few days later it was filled out again. My name was not on it but neither was the name of the guy who did my old route. For two years my bus number and my name was on that board . His name and bus number was never on it. It was at this point that I could careless if I got fired . But I stayed till the end of the school year. But the beginning of this year I can't bring myself to go back there at all . Even if it means not having a job yet.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Mo.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No but I'm in contact with the other employees who do have one
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I kept a rough small note pad of some things I don't know if they would mean anything or not
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
8/1/2016
Employment Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel. I am sorry to hear of this matter. Can you please tell me what information you need? What is it you are seeking? Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I really don't know I would like an apology for this and others things in my logs. I can't afford a lawyer. I would just like to know if I was done wrong legally . I know I've been wronged morally. Especially the times I was denied to use the restroom when I needed to go. And the difference in treatment with the same route but different sexes.

Thanks. Well, it would be illegal if these things were done based on your race, age, religion, gender, national origin or a disability. Then it would be discrimination. And if the route is different for someone of another gender it is possible there is discrimination.

In that regard, you could file an EEOC complaint.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can look it up and see how I'm also going to get ahold of some of my past work mates and find out more of what they are doing.

Ok. That sounds like a good plan.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thankyou it is helpful just to talk to someone about this . It is very hurtful to be treated different . When you see others being treated so much better than you have been treated .

And so you should be taking very good notes, write it all down as to best to your recollection and also compare notes with the co workers as you considered.

And if it is the case, that others are being treated differently than you, and it is based on any of the discriminating factors, you can consider the EEOC complaint.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

If I've missed anything that you needed or you have other questions, please let me know here. Otherwise, a Positive rating ensures I get credit for my time.

Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, it seems you have opted out your previous expert, what is the further information you would like?
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney