How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12613
Experience:  Significant experience in all areas of employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was off n later fired for not being available during lay

Customer Question

I was laid off n later fired for not being available during lay off.
I was told that I would not be able to receive my final paycheck in person, it would be mailed to me. I waited 4 days. And only received separation notice. Made a phone call again told it would be mailed. With location it only takes 2 days mail time. My frustration grew when my calls were ignored. I returned to place of employment where I was approached by staff in a threatening manor. Verbal altercation started upon their grounds. I then left and shortly after received threats by phone by staff to my welfare, by way of voicemail. I have yet to be paid and cannot return to former place of employment.
I have been physically threatened by staff and not paid final wages owed. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

You can file a police report if you were subjected to threats of physical violence. You can also petition the court for a restraining order if you believe someone may attempt to inflict physical harm on you. As far as your unpaid wages are concerned, the easiest thing to do is file a wage claim with the Department of Labor. You can file a wage claim here.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to followup because I have not heard back from you. Was there anything else I can do to help?