Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am non management employee and my employer has begun to

Customer Question
make me responsible for management...
I am non management employee and my employer has begun to make me responsible for management duties, i.e. holding me responsible for auditing the work of all employees and corrections. This is not in my job description but I am told that I am insubordinate if I do not perform these duties.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2016
Employment Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Before I ask questions about your situation, I need to make sure that you understand how the website and rating system works.

Many times in employment law situations, and particularly in Georgia, the law is not in favor of the employee. When that happens we have to give the person asking the question bad news. It's true, but sometimes it's not in their favor.

On this website the customer rates us experts at the end of the question and answer and every now and then a customer is unhappy about the law and gives a negative rating. Unfortunately, that negative rating is taken by the website to be a reflection on me, indicating that I wasn't polite, wasn't prompt, or provided a wrong answer.

I'm more than happy to discuss this with you, but I just wanted to make sure that you understood how the system works and that you will rate me on my professionalism and not on whether the law is in your favor or not, since I have no control over that.

With that understanding, do you want me to discuss this in more detail with you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How long before i get an answer.

What specific question did you have for me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i do not want to switch to a live call

That is an automatic email that goes out form the website. We can continue in this format with no problem.

I need to know what specific question you have for me though.

Tina, Lawyer