How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56818
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a caregiver for over 25 years and never had to collect

Customer Question

I am a caregiver for over 25 years and never had to collect unemployment.
Senior Heart Golden Care said he had a case for me, 3 hours a day for 2 days.
When I finally arrived there, the 85 year old woman and her apartment was smelling bad. She don't believe in personal hygiene.
I told Rodney Malone, my supervisor when I left her premises I was not going back. I was sick. Being 74 years old my immune system is low. UI (unemployment Insurance send me a letter and I responded stating the above reason above.
So now they are asking for about $571.00 for compensation.
I am disqualified from 6-19-2016 until I am employed and earn $1200, 5 times my weekly benefit amount
I stated I was discharged but my employer, Gold Heart Senior Care that I quit. Although given the opportunity, I did not submit documentation to show I was discharged and the employer provided evidence to support their claim that you quit.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You may appeal the decision. Seek to provide specifics, documents, witnesses which show you didn't resign and not terminated for cause. Point to errors in their submissions and false statements. If you can collect down statements aka affidavits that helps a lot.If needed local counsel can assist. You may also go on the offensive. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!
Seeking to negotiate a severance and threaten a wrongful termination case.I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly what specifics documents. There were no witnesses.GoldEn Heart assigns many caregivers to help people in their home. I do not know if I signed any document that says any thing else. This person has body odor. Her daughter lives in another State.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand from Rodney, Golden Hearts senior could not keep any caregiver there.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Focus then on the fact they didn't meet their burden and their decision is arbitrary and baseless as well as retaliatory. On appeal they would review it all again! I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

thank you in advance, and if I may clarify anything, just reply.